Product Recommendations (Customers Also Bought)
Electrical set ups. They can be daunting at first and if you don’t have a sparky mate, choosing a system can take months of research. There are literally thousands of different ways you can hook up a battery. Words like: series, parallel, dual, alternator, fuses, currents, amps, watts, volts... if you tuned out just then, a Hard Korr battery box is probably for you. The Hard Korr battery box has all of this wrapped up into one unit. One of the simplest set ups you can possibly bring with you on a camping trip is just a set of portable solar panels, a battery and Hard Korr battery box. This allows you to charge your phone, your speaker and runs your fridge all at once.
Enjoying a cold beer and some tunes on the beach, just got easier. This heavy-duty Hard Korr battery box allows you to turn a regular deep-cycle battery into a convenient portable power station or create a simple dual battery setup using the optional 50A Voltage-Sensitive Relay (VSR) and Dual Battery Wiring Kit. It is suitable for a range of battery types including AGM, Lithium, Wet, Gel and Calcium, and can handle batteries up to 330mm (l) x 180mm (w) x 240mm (h) in size.
Constructed of durable ABS plastic and meeting the UL 94V-0 standard for flammability of plastic products, this battery box is a high-quality unit that will last for many years. It contains two 12v outlets with 10A fuses, a dual USB outlet, four 50A Anderson-style outlets that can be used as outputs or inputs, and a 175A Anderson-style outlet which can be used as a jump-starter. Unlike most other models on the market, all Anderson-style ports are recessed into the body to minimise the possibility of damage, and the internal cabling uses heavy-gauge wire and quality connectors. This plug and play system is so user friendly that anyone can set it up. A good quality battery will last year's inside a Hard Korr battery box. The battery can be charged from a range of sources (including solar panels) by simply plugging into one of the 50A Anderson-style ports. The battery’s charge status and voltage can be easily seen via the large digital display.
- Constructed from UL 94V-0 compliant ABS plastic
- Multiple port types allow connection to a range of devices
- Easily connect a DC/DC charger or solar panel to charge the battery, or use the optional 50A Voltage-Sensitive Relay (VSR) and Dual Battery Wiring Kit to charge directly from crank battery (VSR can only be installed in older vehicles without a smart alternator, refer to our product review in our blog section for more details)
- Can be used to jump start vehicles (175A Anderson jumper cables set is an optional extra)
- All ports are recessed into the body to reduce likelihood of damage
- Easily see battery status with a large digital display
- Using a battery box combined with a VSR is the easiest way to create a dual battery setup in your vehicle.
- Materials ABS plastic (UL 94V-0 compliant)
- Box dimensions 455mm (l) x 240mm (w) x 330mm (h)
- Max. battery dimensions 330mm (l) x 180mm (w) x 240mm (h)
- Max. battery weight 35.0kg
- Suitable battery types Deep cycle (Lithium, AGM, Calcium, Wet, Gel) Charge method via Anderson plug input or optional VSR
- Ports 1 x dual USB output 2 x cigarette plug outputs 4 x 50A Anderson plug inputs/outputs 1 x 175A Anderson plug output
- Operating temperature -10°C to 50°C
- Weight 3.2kg
- Pack Contents
- 1x Heavy duty battery box
- 1x set bolts, brackets & Allen keys
- 1x Strap
Tutorial Videos & Buying Guides
We Also Recommend
More From This Category