Tents - Rooftop
Elevate your car-camping experience with a rooftop tent. These campers are a convenient shelter set up on the roof of your car. They’ll guarantee you a flat surface to sleep on and keep you off the ground during your next multi-day overland adventure.
Rooftop campers are mounted to the roof rack on your vehicle and can be stored there as you drive. When you’re ready to setup for the night simply pop up your tent and extend the retractable ladder. These no-fuss shelters are quick and easy to set up and pack down with your bedding stored safely inside, taking the hassle out of your trips in the outback.
We stock durable, weatherproof rooftop tents, awnings, and rooftop tent parts.
Rooftop Tent Features Designed for Sleeping in The Outback
Our range of rooftop campers are low profile when set-down to reduce wind-resistance as you drive. But don’t let their closed size fool you. Once open, your shelter will give you enough headroom and length for a comfortable sleep. Our models range in length from 2.2-2.4 meters for even the tallest camper.
Roof rack tents store your bedding in them when packed down to save precious space inside your vehicle and make set up a breeze.
Set up your rooftop camper by itself or with an additional annex room. The AVENTA T-Top Tent includes an annex with walls and flooring which hangs off the back of your car, creating an extra room for additional storage, a small table and chairs, or a second sleeping area.
You don’t need a large 4WD to own a rooftop tent; we stock tents to suit vehicles of most sizes.
We search long and hard for rooftop tents to meet every challenge the outback has to offer. Our tents each include some of the below features.
- Insulated roof and flooring to protect you from the Australian outback’s chilly nights and scorching morning sun
- Velcro-attached fine mesh screens on all windows keep the mozzies out while allowing you to capture photographs from inside the tent
- Aluminium frames provides a sturdy, reliable and lightweight design
- Rip-stop poly cotton or canvas for weatherproof comfort in tropical conditions
- Scissor action or fan-open mechanisms for easy setup and pack down.
We make installation easy with our range or rooftop tent parts and accessories.
- Mount kits attach a roof rack tent to your roof rack
- Awning brackets help you quickly mount awnings to your roof rack
- Awning arms hold your awning, swinging out to give you precise control over shade
Order the Right Rooftop Tent Today
Reduce the hassle of setting up so you can get back to the fun stuff. Outback Equipment is here to make your overland trips a breeze. Discover our range of mounted rooftop tents here!