This solar compatible model allows a DC to DC charger to run directly from solar panels.
A DC to DC charger is the most effective way to recharge & maintain a caravan battery while towing. "Set & Forget" digital controls ensure the battery is fully charged and maintained without the risk of overcharging. Its been built tough to protect against dust and moisture. Ideal for caravans, camper vans, pop tops and camper trailers fitted with dual battery systems.
The life expectancy and performance of caravan batteries is severely impacted when a battery is not fully recharged after use. Without a DC to DC charger a vehicle’s alternator is incapable of fully charging and maintaining a caravan battery. The Pro Series Battery Charger is designed to fully charge an auxiliary battery. By providing a unique charging profile to each battery type it is able to maintain an optimal charge in a caravan battery and wont drain the starter battery or run it flat. It also protects any secondary battery set-ups from going flat when they're most needed.
- Heavy duty aluminum case and mounting brackets
- Microchip monitoring and control
- Fully automatic hi frequency multi stage charging
- Pulse mode technology that reduces oxidation, evens electrolyte consistency and minimizes temperature equating to longer battery life
- Easy push button chemistry select; GEL, Calcium, Deep Cycle, VRLA and conventional flooded lead-acid batteries
- Internal charger temperature monitoring and power output control
- LED indicators showing state of charge
- Over charging, short circuit and over temperature protection
- Reverse polarity protection:
- 1. Input reverse polarity protection
- 2. Output reverse polarity protection
- Charger internal over temperature protection
- Solar input over load protection
- Power cut memery function: once selected, the charger will remain on this battery type until it is changed
- Solar compatible model allows charger to run from solar panels
- Built tough for all environments
- Sealed for protection against dust and moisture
- Manages and maintains without risk of overcharging.
- Set and Forget - digital controls ensure battery is charged and maintained.
- Programmable for different battery types including GEL, Lead Acid and Calcium Batteries
- Type: Multi-Stage
- DC battery input: 12.8 - 16.0 Volts
- Solar input: 13.0 - 27.0 Volts
- Output/charging voltage: 13.3 - 16.2V (stops charging when alternator output or vehicle battery below 12.5V)
- DC output current: 20A
- Solar output current: 20A
- Minimum start voltage: 1.5 Volts - for battery being charged
Haigh DC2DCBy: Ian Hill on 23 January 2019Compact unit. Main concerns are the way the four sets of cables are attached. Firstly, there are push on plastic covers to the securing nuts. Didn't realise they could and should be pulled off to enable the eyelet connectors to be secured properly with a socket. Needs to be documented. Secondly, the snap spring washers provided are inadequate. When mounting the unit to a wall of the vehicle, the cables mostly exit horizontally, which means gravity will pull the connectors closer together with a risk of shorting. It may actually be better to mount the unit with the screw terminals facing DOWN rather than sideways. I bought a packet of external tooth spring washers which will do a better job of securing the eyelet connectors, particularly with the effects of gravity on the cables and connectors. So far so good. Time will tell the quality of the unit.
DC/DC 20a ChargerBy: kevin on 14 November 2018Found product easy to fit to caravan and voltage readings are now equal to 240/12 volt charger. Good result.
dcdc20s ChargerBy: Gary Keane on 19 July 2018Thank you for your very prompt service on the delivery of my new battery link dcdc20s 20amp charger . The service,the delivery,and the product have all been fantastic product easy to fit from the instructions, been charging the battery for a few weeks now,no problems very happy with all elements of the transaction Thank You.