This solar compatible model allows a DC to DC charger to run directly from solar panels.
A DC to DC charger is the most effective way to recharge & maintain a caravan battery while towing. "Set & Forget" digital controls ensure the battery is fully charged and maintained without the risk of overcharging. Its been built tough to protect against dust and moisture. Ideal for caravans, camper vans, pop tops and camper trailers fitted with dual battery systems.
The life expectancy and performance of caravan batteries is severely impacted when a battery is not fully recharged after use. Without a DC to DC charger a vehicle’s alternator is incapable of fully charging and maintaining a caravan battery. The Pro Series Battery Charger is designed to fully charge an auxiliary battery. By providing a unique charging profile to each battery type it is able to maintain an optimal charge in a caravan battery and wont drain the starter battery or run it flat. It also protects any secondary battery set-ups from going flat when they're most needed.
- Heavy duty aluminum case and mounting brackets
- Microchip monitoring and control
- Fully automatic hi frequency multi stage charging
- Pulse mode technology that reduces oxidation, evens electrolyte consistency and minimizes temperature equating to longer battery life
- Easy push button chemistry select; GEL, Calcium, Deep Cycle, VRLA and conventional flooded lead-acid batteries
- Internal charger temperature monitoring and power output control
- LED indicators showing state of charge
- Over charging, short circuit and over temperature protection
- Reverse polarity protection:
- 1. Input reverse polarity protection
- 2. Output reverse polarity protection
- Charger internal over temperature protection
- Solar input over load protection
- Power cut memery function: once selected, the charger will remain on this battery type until it is changed
- Solar compatible model allows charger to run from solar panels
- Built tough for all environments
- Sealed for protection against dust and moisture
- Manages and maintains without risk of overcharging.
- Set and Forget - digital controls ensure battery is charged and maintained.
- Programmable for different battery types including GEL, Lead Acid and Calcium Batteries
- Type: Multi-Stage
- DC battery input: 12.8 - 16.0 Volts
- Solar input: 13.0 - 27.0 Volts
- Output/charging voltage: 13.3 - 16.2V (stops charging when alternator output or vehicle battery below 12.5V)
- DC output current: 10A
- Solar output current: 10A
- Minimum start voltage: 1.5 Volts - for battery being charged
Model: DBDC10 / DBDC20
Type: Multi Stage
Input :12.5 to 16.0 Volts DC
Output / Charging Voltage: 13.3-16.2V (stops charging when alternator output or vehicle battery below 12.5V)
Output Current: DBDC10 (10A) DBDC20(20A)
Minimum Start Voltage: 1.5 Volts - for battery being charged
Charge Control Soft Start: Yes
Bulk Charge: 14.3V (Gel) 14.7V (SLA) 15.6V (Cal)
Absorption: Constant voltage with automatic amperage control
Float: 13.3V (Gel) 13.7V (Cal) 13.7V (SLA)
Battery Range: 18 to 250Ah
Cable Length/ Twin Core
0 - 1Mtr: 6mm/17AWG
1 -5 Mtr: 8 B&S/8AWG
5 Mtr + 6 B&S/6AWG
10 amp DC to DC ChargerBy: John on 24 April 2017Product and instructions appear good quality and easily wired with indicator lights confirming positive charging. Mounting brackets and screws supplied but no explanation on how to fit to charger. Alternative brackets have been manufactured.
DC to DC ChargerBy: Brian Richards on 28 August 2016Received charger promptly and it was easy to fit except there were no instructions on how to fit the two retaining brackets. The only way I could see was to drill into the case which I would not do. I fixed the charger to the floor with some Velcro and that worked OK. I am now half way across Australia and it is working perfectly, just I had hoped. I would recommend one for any one who needs a charger for their camper trailer. A 10 amp one is fine for me but maybe a 20amp would be better for some applications.